The year is 1907, President Theodore Roosevelt launches the Great White Fleet, Ellis Island processes over one million immigrants, actress Katherine Hepburn is born and in Camden, South Carolina, a group of ladies meet and create the Hobkirk Hill Chapter of the National Society Daughters of the American Revolution (NSDAR or DAR).
1907- Hobkirk Hill Chapter NSDAR organized.
1908- Purchased and restored the Robert Mills Court House. Meetings and social functions were held in "Chapter Hall." Lecture and relic rooms were opened to the public.
1909- Erected a large granite monument at the Camden Battlefield in honor of Baron DeKalb.
1912- William Edwards donated to the chapter one acre of land which surrounded the DeKalb marker.
1930- Installed Baron DeKalb's original gravestone behind the exterior steps of the Robert Mills Court House; added stone marker in 1939.
1933- Robert Mills Court House given it to the City of Camden for a small amount with stipulation it be used as a relic museum.
1942- Turned care of the Joseph Kershaw Cemetery over to the deLoach family.
1942- William Edwards donated to the chapter five additional acres adjoining the original acre at Camden Battlefield.
1948- Established "DeKalb Park" at Camden Battlefield.
1957- Erected a monument to mark 176th Anniversary of the Battle of Hobkirk Hill.
1959- Placed a large commemorative boulder in Quaker Cemetery in memory of Samuel Wyly who, two hundred years before, had given four acres of land for "a meeting house and graveyard."
1961- Camden Battlefield declared a National Historic Landmark.
1965- Installed a bronze marker at the grave of former regent, Sadie von Tresckow.
1965- Moved Battle of Hobkirk Hill monument from Broad Street to Kirkwood Common at request of the owners of original site.
1965- Placed three DAR historical markers on right of Broad Street.
1966- Camden Battlefield included in National Register of Historic Places.
1977- Erected US Highway 521 directional marker for Camden Battlefield site.
1996- Held dedication for National Historic Landmark plaque for Camden Battlefield.
2005- Donated the six-acre property at Battle of Camden site to Palmetto Conservation Foundation for park development.
2006- Held dedication for DAR Bronze Plaque at Robert Mills Court House.
2007- Celebrated l00th anniversary of the chapter with programs, publicity, displays, tree planting, and other events.
2010- Continuing work on the preservation of the Battle of Camden site.
2012- Awarded the first chapter scholarships to high school students.
2016- Assisted with the first annual Kids’ Fourth of July Parade.